Monday, March 14, 2011

Home Improvements

Spring has Sprung in Millerton
(or on the verge of it anyway).

All around the village, I see the first signs of spring. Mostly, that the snow has melted, tiny shoots of daffodils and crocus are sprouting. But also that my neighbors have begun to stir from their winter-long hibernation.

Happily, these small signs have lit a small fire under my butt to get things done. So, to keep the flame burning, I've included some before and after photos of my living room and dining room. Keep in mind, however, the "after" photos are not entirely after as the projects are not 100% complete.

The living room BEFORE was old with out-dated wall paper and a drop ceiling. Not much was done to improve the place from the early '70's.


The living room AFTER - As you can see the ceiling was removed along with the wall paper. I painstakingly resurfaced the walls and ceiling and painted a light gray (Benjamin Moore's Bering Plain). I have also added an overhead light fixture (be be installed shortly) which is the way the home was originally designed.



Another view...




Dining room BEFORE - very dark and old.



















Dining room AFTER - the drop ceiling and wallpaper will be removed soon enough. Then a new light fixture over the table and sconces will be added. Of course a well deserved fresh coat of paint everywhere and perhaps a chair-rail if I'm feeling ambitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment