Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Weekend = a very busy weekend….


Before the barbecues and parades, things needed to get done.  And with any vintage home the list is divided into: things that must be done, things that should be done, and things to do for fun.

Well this past Memorial Day weekend was glorious. So obviously, very few indoor “need to do” projects got done.

Last week I came across this photo in a magazine.  

I thought the floor was stunning and decided to recreate it.  The article reported the color as Valspar’s Liberty.  Unfortunately, Liberty is only sold at Lowes and Lowes is 45 minutes from Millerton and I didn’t have time to schlep to Kingston. So, I made a bold and courageous decision and found a color that somewhat matched.


The final product… I think it’s perfect! What is really amazing is that the color reflects off the white creating an intoxicating blue aura. Sadly I ran out of time and wasn't able to put the hammock up - but that's probably a good thing since napping on a warm spring day, near the Rhododendrons doesn't leave a lot of time for chores.  

 A lovely spot for a cup of coffee 


or a glass of wine in the evening.

More to come.... Next weekend I'm hoping to finish the trim in Pewter and then hang curtains to really put the porch over the top (and hopefully keep some of the mosquitoes at away).


No comments:

Post a Comment