Monday, June 21, 2010

Subtle Changes in Millerton




Back to the Blank Canvas known as our yard.

One of the problems with the property, in my opinion, is the lack of intimacy of our back yard. (As you can see in the first photo.)


(In the second photo you can see we've added a "pea-gravel" patio thanks to my friends Erika and Cecelia.)

My goal is to create separate spaces, to evoke separate emotions, within our landscape.

The vision is to have a space for entertaining that is both private and welcoming. Beyond the entertaining space will be a quiet space, a tranquil space, and I’ve always dreamed of having my own secret garden.

Further out still there will be a flat playing area, for kids to enjoy, for badminton, croquet or maybe even volleyball. (Our vegetable garden which we've already started is to the side and behind the garage).



Eventually my goal will be something like what you see in the final photo - as the boarder between the patio and the my Secret Garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment