Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Millerton - Our "Adorable" Compost Bin


Compost Bins do not have to be boring!

I found a way to make a simple compost bin out of used pallets and thought it was a brilliant idea because, instead of purchasing some big black plastic thing, I could "re-use" something out of wood. This was not my idea but brilliant nonetheless.

BEFORE

My daughter and I had took it one step further because boring just doesn't work for us. With some paint we transformed our boring bin into a piece of art (at least in our opinion).

Anyway, we had a lot of fun doing it and we love the bright colors. Next spring we have plans to plant ivy and morning glory to really put it over the top!

AFTER

Oh, and I'm not quite done yet. This weekend I'm going to paint the front of the bin. I'll post a photo shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment