Monday, June 27, 2011

Millerton - Home Improvement

It was a busy weekend but so many things were accomplished.

One of the first things I did was paint the iron furniture my neighbor had given me. It was black and a little rusted in spots. The entire process took about an hour! Yah, that's all. I used 4 cans of RustOleum white paint. I found some nice & reasonably priced cushions and pillows at Target of all places. It's coming along nicely.... but definitely needs a fire pit!


I also finished putting the gravel around the raised bed for my vegetable garden. No more navigating the lawnmower around the boxes of vegetables and no more edge clipping! I also think it looks fantastic.


I'm very pleased with how my garden is growing. We've had a lot of rain, not a lot of sun, so everything is very green and healthy. But, without the sun, nothing is blooming or ripening.

All we need is SUN! Look at how fantastic these Brussels Sprouts are doing. The turnip and beets, on the other hand, have beautiful greens but no bulbs...

All in all, our home is coming along nicely. I took this photo of the front yard as a "before" picture because we should be getting our picket fence in the next couple of weeks! Very exciting.



No comments:

Post a Comment