Monday, May 23, 2011

Millerton - Creating

Recently Updated with this photo!
Here is a photo of my tree peony after the buds opened.
These amazing flowers are about 8 inches wide.
One day this bush will be about six feet high and four feet wide and hopefully
COVERED in these amazing blossoms.

One of my first "posts", in June 2010, was about Peonies.

After many years of wondering, "What is my favorite flower?" I can honestly say, unequivocally, "It's the Peony!"

There are so many varieties - in so many colors and shapes - with a perfume unlike any other. Whatever your favorite color might be, you'll find a suitable peony. Yellows, purples, pinks and reds and stripes, solids, doubles and singles. All with a fragrance that will knock your socks off. Small flowers, huge flowers or in between. They are great for cuts and essential to a proper cottage garden.




Just look at this tree peony - ready to pop! With its huge blossoms and bronze leaf.

This is only a one year old plant - first time bloomer - and look at it's beauty.


Each year I plan to add a couple peonies to my landscape - collecting peonies will be my new hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment